Band Focus: Senser
1) Hello! Who are you and what do you do?
We’re Kerstin, John, James, Nick, Heitham and DJ Awe from Senser… we sing, rap play drums, bass, guitars and make bleeps and swirls with synths and record decks
2) Tell us a bit about your #band/act; what can we expect from your performance at Bearded Theory Festival in May?
John: Senser have been making music together, on and off for over 25 years. We play a mix of #HipHop, #Rock, #Funk, psychadelic, #Metal and whatever else we feel like. Male vocals, female vocals, guitar, bass,#drums and a #DJ. There’s light and shade to what we do, with some heavy beats to get people moving. We played Bearded Theory a few years back and had a great time, so we’re really pleased we’ve been asked to come back.
3) What is your best festival memory?
James: 50,000 + people going mental to music in a field – both amazing and dangerous but incredible to be part of
4) What 3 essential items should every festival-goer take with them?
Nick: My three essential items would have to be 1) Ear plugs. Essential for when you are trying to catch a few hours of sleep and the only place you could find to pitch your #tent was right next to the #rave tent! Also good for dampening the sonic onslaught of a festival if it all starts to get too much! 2) Good quality Wellington boots or doc martens. Nothing worse than having to wear soggy mud-caked trainers wrapped in plastic bags for 3 days in the rain! An umbrella or mac is also a good plan! 3) It has to be a good supply of toilet paper and wet wipes. Also a nose peg and a “men in black” style neuroliser to erase any memories of the festival toilets. Definitely the worst aspect of spending a weekend in a field, especially on the 3rd day!
5) Who is your favourite bearded celebrity (living or dead)?
Heitham: Rasputin? Very resilient, hard to kill. Boney M eloquently paid him tribute. Brian blessed? Great pipes. Probably equally hard to kill.
6) Please share a piece of wisdom that you’d like to impart to all Bearded Theory Festival-goers.
Andy: Don’t hate, it only aggravates